Old December 13th 05, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Kittens scratching sofa

I took my kitty and hung her claws on the carpeted scratching post, and when
she walked over to the sofa, I yelled NO! and she ran off. Then when she
came out from under the bed, we went back to the scratching post again. The
water bottle works too, but mine was smart enough to know what's coming when
she saw me pick up the bottle. I can say with confidence that the water
bottle squirt in the face and the loud NO also works well when training
husbands that think 'close' is good enough when throwing trash in the can.
Cyndi, Albuquerque, NM