Old December 3rd 12, 08:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Default After all, I am a quilter

Sad to say, Polly, that I am the one who always thinks of the most
difficult solution first! Mind you, that applies in my quilting as well
as in everything else.
I love this story g as an example to me to think twice about 'things
to do'!!
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
*I* am a quilter, round two. Needed some brackets to support the weight
of a 30 foot heavy-duty extension cord for the lights. This would
involve a trip down to the big shop for brackets, screws, the drill,
the bits, assorted journeys to the hardware store, some planning,
swearing, scratching and a few delays.
"Nonsense" says I.
I came inside, picked up a few yards of the selvedge edge from
Michael Miller's Frost in gold (this is tough stuff) and simply stapled
loops up inside the porch framing.
Do all men figure out the hard way to accomplish anything or am I
just a lucky assistant?
I am a quilter.
Polly

--