Old July 4th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Default Progress on BOM quilt top

Thank you! Most of the pins are curved and small, although I ran out
of those so there are a few straight and a few larger pins. (I've
bought more small curved ones since then.) I find that the more I
pin, the fewer puckers I get on the back side. I don't have a good
place to spray baste without worrying about the fumes and I tend to be
sensitive to things like that. I pin baste on my large white folding
table, stretching everything on the table top as tautly as I can, and
letting the rest hang over the edges. After that part is pinned very
securely, I pull it to an unpinned part and repeat the "stretching
tautly" part before pinning. It's easier on my back than getting down
on the floor.

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 18:48:47 +0100, "Estelle Gallagher"
wrote:

That quilting is absolutely wonderful Carole. Who needs a Long Arm! lol.So
looking forward to the finished quilt. Are the safety pins curved ? I see
you have lots in there. Thats maybe where I go wrong!

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle