Old November 6th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default Dear Red States

Jinx Minx wrote:

Offensive as HELL

Oh, well.

For years, we've had to put up with Red Staters telling us that they
have superior morality and that we Californians are going to hell
because we don't think Rush Limbaugh and millionaire televangelists are
destined for sainthood.

Maybe the facts that Blue States are the ones with the money --
California gets back only a fraction of the money we send to DC, because
our money is used to subsidize poor Red States -- are offensive to those
who've been patting themselves on the back making fun of our collection
of fruits, nuts and flakes. Too bad, tit for tat.

I've lived in Red areas. I like Blue ones better. Less racist, more
tolerant of new ideas, better food.

Next time you get a craving for an orange, remember, we produce almost
ALL of the eating oranges in California. When you want a salad in
December, remember, most of the lettuce in winter is grown in
California. Our farmworkers work year-round; they don't get winters off
because we don't have winters.

And, for any of you who have ever made jokes about lazy Californians,
I'm accustomed to talking to NY law firms and telling them that our
office opens at 8 AM; in NYC, they don't show up till 10. There's
always that moment of shock when they realize that we're working harder
than the city that prides itself on working hard.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/