Old December 3rd 12, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default After all, I am a quilter

You are perfectly wise!
Roberta in D

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 07:22:20 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

My brain (such as it is) has two channels. One is 'Gitterdun' which calls
for whatever's quick and simple. The other hopes for perfection. That rarely
happens but sure does make me happy.
Naturally, all quilters here understood the wisdom of having saved the
selvedge. Polly

"Pat S" wrote Sad to say, Polly, that I am the one who always thinks of
the most
difficult solution first! Mind you, that applies in my quilting as well
as in everything else.
I love this story g as an example to me to think twice about 'things to
do'!!
.
, Polly Esther writes
*I* am a quilter, round two. Needed some brackets to support the weight of
a 30 foot heavy-duty extension cord for the lights. This would involve a
trip down to the big shop for brackets, screws, the drill, the bits,
assorted journeys to the hardware store, some planning, swearing,
scratching and a few delays.
"Nonsense" says I.
I came inside, picked up a few yards of the selvedge edge from Michael
Miller's Frost in gold (this is tough stuff) and simply stapled loops up
inside the porch framing.
Do all men figure out the hard way to accomplish anything or am I just
a lucky assistant?
I am a quilter.
Polly

--