Old September 20th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
lapidaryrough

Default How Fast Should A Trim Saw Run?

As the ohter members said the trim saw is for slabs only. the Speed
for all Diamond saw blades is 3800-4200 Sufface feet a minut. If your
coolent gets over 100- degree your cutting face temp is 265 degrees
diamonds blow up at temps over 260 degrees. This comes from Dean at
MK-blades, I have been using MK-blades for over 45 years and my Congo
blades I still use though thay are rear Black diamond. Jack Cole
Salem,Oregon
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Hi,

I have an used Rock Rascal that I wish to use to section rocks and
minerals.

It does not currently have a motor.

From reading supply websites, it would seem that a 1/3 hp 1725 motor is

sold for it.

Is there any advantage to using a more powerful or faster motor?

Is there any advantage of using a variable speed motor?

Thanks for any advice you might have to offer.

TMT