Old December 28th 04, 06:48 AM
Elizabeth Young

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Elizabeth Young wrote:

I frequently wore a full length full circle heavy wool skirt around
campus - kept my legs warm and also generated lots of "are you a nun"
"are you in a play" questions. Always fun to answer.

Are you saying this is what you used in winter in South Carolina? I
know full well how to dress for winter in my native Pennsylvania, but I
was given the distinct impression that winter in South Carolina was
"rather mild," which is what I think that "winter" here in California is.

oh good grief no, that was michigan - which often has wet cold sleety
days much like SC might get - thinking of Barbara Raper's post regarding
ice storms (usually a little snow, a lot of sleet, and then freezing
weather - very pretty, but hard on trees and phone lines)

liz young in totally unsnowy (usually) california