Old September 24th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Don/Gen

Default Freestanding embroidery

I've made many embroidered bowls, using the regular 40 wt. thread. The
secret's in the stabilizer, not the thread. I use 2 layers of badgemaster
and don't wash it all out. If you get all the stabilizer out, they won't be
as stiff.
Gen

"Dorothy McNutt" wrote in message
t...
Are you suppose to use a heavy weight thread on
your freestanding embroidery bowls,ornaments and etc,
I just used my regular 40wt rayon that I used on making
the designs on fabric. I made a bowl on it but it is not
very stiff. I would appreciate any help.
dreamboat