Old September 24th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Default Freestanding embroidery

Dorothy McNutt wrote:
Are you suppose to use a heavy weight thread on
your freestanding embroidery bowls,ornaments and etc,
I just used my regular 40wt rayon that I used on making
the designs on fabric. I made a bowl on it but it is not
very stiff. I would appreciate any help.
dreamboat

What sort of stabilizer are you using? the thread for embroidery should
remain as usual- but to get stiffness, you may need a good stabilizer.
Fabric bowls require a very heavy stabilizer in them.

georg