Old August 19th 04, 03:26 AM
Jenn Liace

Default Looking for a name of a type of needlework

This was something I learned oh.... 20 years ago or so. I don't
honestly remember much of it and would kind of like to maybe start it
up again.

I remember having a base fabric that was roughly similar to canvas,
but much softer and more flexible than the stuff I see sold at the LNS
for needlepoint. Then you had a thread that was probably about the
size of perle 12 (if memory serves) that was woven between threads of
the ground to fill in squares. I don't remember how the weaving
thread was anchored, but then it went in a figure-eight kind of
pattern around two adjacent threads, kind of like some of the stitches
in Hardanger, which was what made me think of this stuff.

I remember stitching a little teddy bear and a heart with this
technique, but not what I did with them. And none of the women in my
family that I remember being around when I learned this (I seem to
think it was a home party kind of setting, like a stitch-n-bitch) have
any clue of what I'm talking about.... and a couple have insinuated
that I'm making it up..... grumble.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? Any ideas of what it might
be... and if so, where might I find books about it?

Thanks!

Jenn L.
--
EBay here I come! http://tinyurl.com/5l3qp