Old February 22nd 10, 07:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

Default Hello, again

Steve B wrote:
Been away a while. Have been trying to get my Singer
111W155 working. The thread gobs up on the underside of
the fabric.

I have no knowledge of your particular machine, but as a
general rule, thread nests on the bottom of the fabric is an
indication that the *top* thread is not being tensioned. Or
that the tension disks are full of gunk. Or that the needle
needs to be replaced with a new one. If I had this problem,
I would:

1. replace the needle with a BRAND NEW, one sized for your
fabric.
2. unthread the needle path, clean the entire path very
carefully including flossing between the tension disks.
3. rethread the top and bobbin thread, referring to the
manual as I did so.
4. make absolutely certain the needle thread is not catching
anywhere on the spool.
5. test.
6. if the problem still remains, do a top-to-bottom
inside-and-out cleaning and lubrication of the machine
hitting every spot recommended in the user's manual and
using a brush and vacuum to clean all nooks and crannies.
7. test again...

Having done all that, if the problem remains, I'd head for
the service center. Or contact Ron Anderson:

ron [at] sewingmachine [dot] com

Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153
http://www.a1sewingmachine.com