Old July 29th 05, 03:40 PM
Taria

My MIL was wonderful. I always called her by her first name.
DH called my folks by their first name too. I never once
in the 10 years I had a MIL got a complaint out of her. She
was not one to poke in to our business or be anything but
kind. The good ones sometimes go young. I wish my kids
could remember her more than in photos.
Bonnie NJ wrote:

That sounds like me. My MIL died before I got to know her. It was always
your Mother or no name mentioned. I married DH after knowing him only 6
weeks and then he joined the Army after 3 months of marriage. We moved to
Alabama and then Panama. When we were in Panama my MIL died. We just
celebrated our 40th anniversary and I'm a MIL (3 times for one son). I've
always told my DILs to call me whatever they was comfortable for them..