Old October 21st 05, 07:31 AM
shhdesigns

Default Ruth McDowell Workshop

I am, there is so much information. She suggested we might want to have a
pile of fat quarters to pat periodically because so much of today and
tomorrow is all on paper and we tend to look a bit glassed over at times.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of the Travelogues
"Helen in MN" wrote in message
She is the one person I would die to take a class from. Her quilts are
magnificent!
Have a very good time.

Helen in MN

--

"shhdesigns" wrote in message
I just returned home from my first day of a 4 day workshop with Ruth
McDowell. Wow!!! Last night she did a slide show and commentary. How
magnificent some of her works are. She has a great set of WebPages to be
viewed.

Today we were working from our photo enlargements and deciding between
curved or straight line piecing.

Our co-ordinators arranged to have our works enlarged to the size we
wanted the finished quilt to be by a graphic art firm. They will be
ready for us tomorrow morning!

I managed to get a copy of her Pieced Flowers book, it is now out of
print. I'm looking forward to the next 3 days. Hope to maybe have a bit
of the fabrics cut up and ready for sewing. I'm planning a 30" x 44"
finished size, although I may bump it up larger when I see it tomorrow.
I'm working on a gerbera daisy design, from a photo I took this year.
She really likes you to work from original photos, due to copyright
issues.

Cheers,