Old March 26th 08, 09:19 AM
angelic_realm1966 angelic_realm1966 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilee J. Layman View Post
On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:24:58 GMT, Heinrich Butschal
wrote:

bk51atwork wrote:

Hi!

I was hoping someone could tell me the difference (if there is one)
between sterling silver & Tibetan silver.

Also,is there a difference in the purity, quality rating and is it
identifiable by a hallmark?

I'm interested in how it effects the quality & value of jewelry.

I've been searching on-line for hours.

Thank you in advance.BK

Sterling silver has a purity of 92,5 percent fine silver.
7,5 could consist of different metals. In most cases it is copper an a
little bit of zinc.
It is produced whole over the world in different qualities and styles.

Tibetian silver is produced in Tibet. There ar no purity or alloy
restictions known.

*Some* Tibetan silver has more silver than sterling, but you shouldn't
buy it by that, you should buy it because you like the way it looks.

--
Marilee J. Layman

Hi,I was wondering the same thing and did a little research and found a very informative advisory on E-Bay. I think mabee you should take a look at it. Take care and God Bless
http://reviews.ebay.com/Tibetan-Silv...00000003804484
angelic_realm1966