Old March 30th 05, 10:16 PM
DKat

I forwarded those on to her via email. She declared you a genius by the by.

"Steve Mills" wrote in message
If you are interested I've got some drawings I give to customers on
making a simple sludge trap using a storage box and a bucket and bits of
plastic plumbing; dead easy, dirt cheap and it works very well.
Email if you want them.
Don't forget to do what it says in my email address:-)

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , Bubbles
writes
Hi everyone!

After 2 months of stress and aching muscles, we have finally moved into
our
house. In the basement, I have my own room for pottery! YAY!!!

There is a kitchen counter there with a kitchen sink. It would be great if
could do something so that I can use the sink to wash stuff, without
clogging my pipes! We were thinking of buying some huge plastic paint
buckets (10 or 20 liters) and connecting them with bits of hose, so that
they would become sedimentation chambers in the counter under the sink.
The
reason for such small containers is that then I will be able to take them
out and dump them in the garden when they are full of sediment.

Someone also mentioned simply using a huge container and then dumping that
in the garden when it gets gucky.

Elsewhere, someone wrote about a French drain. I did a web search, but I
am
not able to see how this is practical for rinsing stuff that is full of
clay. Another thing is, would it be an idea to fill at least one of my
buckets with stones, in order to slow the sediments?

Ideas and experiences would be very much appreciated!

Marianne in Switzerland

--
Steve Mills
Bath