Old August 10th 03, 09:20 AM
Pat Porter

You`m spot on, my maid! Couldn`t think of the exact location!

Pat P

wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:19:17 +0100, "Pat Porter"
wrote:

"Jan Lennie" wrote in message
And in Cornwall UK there's a 'Gnome World ' where at the start of your

visit
you pick up a compulsory hat and fishing rod so that the gnomes don't

get
upset ( and at my height the blend is very easy !!!!)
Jan

Do you mean "Pixie World" on the Plymouth/Tavistock side of Dartmoor?

Me luvvers you'm meaning up between Two Bridges and Princetown up on
Dartmoor.

Sheena

The
hats etc. there aren`t compulsory, thank goodness for their trade! Of

course
there`s probably one in Cornwall, too! Although my husband`s ancestors
originate in Cornwall, and the scenery and history are beautiful - I have

warn you that all the pirates are alive and well and running the tourist
traps down there! We ALL feel relieved to get back to dear old Devon if

we
venture into Cornwall. Yes, I KNOW that Devon has tourist traps, but at
least the people smile at you there, and are much more friendly and

helpful!
If DH gets in a mood I always tell him his Cornish ancestry is showing!

LOL!

The best part of Britain we`ve been to for kindness, courtesy and honesty

is
Scotland - the Western Highlands and particularly the Islands, to be
specific. We`ve found much the same in North Wales, too. We always

maintain
that the further North you go, the nicer the people are!
Pat P