Old June 21st 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default The Bi-Annual Chore

Since I only cut up the 'small' bits, this means I have the big bits just in
case...and yuppers, every so often I get in a hurry and OOOOOOOOPS! so
OOOOOOPS goes into the smaller bits and then squares......and I have to cut
another of the correct size.

It's been ages and ages since I did a repeat using the one set of fabrics
only in a quilt as I tend to use a variety of fabrics in every quilt. I'm
pretty fussy when I do a HUG but for the daily ones most anything
goes.....guess I love color to much.

On the other hand..I am collecting for a black/white quilt----just haven't
found a design that would make me happy yet---I'm thinking I don't want to
be locked into one shape but I don't want a sampler and I don't want to
loose the prints on some of these fabrics either......gonna hafta do some
more cogitatin on this one........

Butterfly (sounds like I need to get back to quilting, doesn't itg)

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Ms B:
You are brave to cut the scraps up as soon as you cut the project!
Anticipating the need to redo a block or to add corner squares or what
not, I save all pieces until the top is layered and basted. I also try to
save a few scraps for future repair.

As to the small squares as starters and enders .... I do the same. It is
fun! I like the Chinese Coins quilts and now you've given me an idea for
use of those odd strips. I'll keep them near the SM and start a scrappy CC
quilt! Finally, what I really cannot use goes to the donation table at the
Guild ... free stuff available to anyone at the meeting.

PAT in VA/USA

Butterflywings wrote:

I take 2 of those 2" squares and use them for starters/enders. You would
be surprised at how far *I* am on a postage stamp quilt just in the last
4 years. Not worried about duplicates or what color is next to what. DH
has already claimed it as his! I'm also working on a Chinese Coin
one --only requirement is that they have to be 5" wide and same same has
to be moved at least one fabric down. Once again, I'm not worried on 2
fabrics the same in the quilt. That one also has been claimed when I only
had one row 20" long!

What I do is 'cut as I go'. After the project is cut out, I cut up quite
a bit of the small leftovers...have a bin of 5" squares and another of
diff size squares and strips and then one of the 2" squares..with a
smaller one by the SM.