Old January 22nd 05, 12:35 PM
Kate Dicey

M Rimmer wrote:

In message , Shirley Ellen
writes

*LOL* Too funny. We have our retreats at the Harrison Hot Springs
Hotel and
we have been given a curfew by them if we want to continue to stay there.
There are too many quilters running up and down the hallways at all
times of
the night making too much noise (giggling and being silly mostly). Our
sewing area is open 24 hours.

You were lucky to find a hotel to let you in at all. Many hotels have a
blanket (excuse the pun) ban on groups of quilters. They've had too many
sewing machines thrown out of windows, swimming pool filters clogged
with threads, and towels stolen for use as batting in baby quilts.

Like the famous hotel in London... No quilting there! Strange folk
- they objected to quilters cutting little squares and triangles out of
the curtains and bed covers for their quilts...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk