Old February 5th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did you do before quilting?

went out with friends, studied, dated! craftwise I don't remember,
though I always have been creative, drawn and painted, only when i moved
to the US and started gradschool I started acquiring quilting supplies..
my then boyfriend was 3 hours away so unless I was studying our out I
had a lot of free time! Wow, I had FREE time!!!! Before that they were
all make do hobbies - fabric scraps a clothesmaker neighbour gave me
were made into a coverlet, I 'scrapbooked' with things cut out of
magazines, I knitted with the left over yarn my aunt gave me...

Kay Ahr wrote:
Sewed my own clothes until the tissue paper patterns somehow shrank.
Road my motorcycle.
Graded papers and lesson planned.
Commuted for 3-hour round-trip.

--