Old September 4th 03, 12:36 AM
CNYstitcher

Elizabeth Lee makes good patterns! I had (might still have) some of the
patterns, including the baby sling...gotta go take a look in the
pattern/fabric cabinet to see. I did pass some of the patterns on to 2
different people, but there may still be some floating around.

It is a good company and the patterns are easy to follow.

Larisa, NAYY

Lisa C wrote:

"Dannielle Beitzell" wrote in message

Ok, you all know everything...I know you do so don't even try to deny it!

I want to make a baby sling. I hope that someone can take me through it

in

baby steps, as I seem to be quite dense with this thing. I cannot find a
set of directions with step by step pictures, I don't know how much or

what

kind of fabric and I am just wanting to make sure that it is comfy and

safe.

I know that it uses D-rings. (I guess that's one important thing that I
actually *do* know!)

Anybody?

TIA!

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Found this link using google. It even has videos for threading and
positioning! http://www.mayawrap.com/sewSling.shtml

One of the sources listed for rings, elizabethlee, I can personally vouch
for being honest, reliable, and quick (I purchased nursing patterns from
them.. .not that I actually completed the garments for my DD while she was
nursing my grandson G She is expecting again, so maybe I should dust them
off!) elizabethlee also sells a pattern for a baby sling. The mayawrap site
gives instructions in addition to selling the finished product.