Old March 19th 04, 04:16 PM
Linda Wright

I love Matilda!

As to Lula's post, no, I haven't seen any charts only, other than Aunt
Martha's iron on transfers. I do what Anne did and Lula has done -
trace and embellish as desired. I've used the coloring book method
(Dover Publications is great for this) and have traced some "real" art
(Manet and Monet, specifically). I wish there were more out there!

That said, I do think that kits might be more popular as many people
are not confident of their ability to choose the right
thread/colors/stitches. And it would be *wonderful* to see something
like Matilda in a kit. I am tired of tame subjects, flowers and
"embellish" kits where you just add a few stitches to a preprinted
background. There are many of us out there who do not decorate in
eternal spring!

Hmm - maybe we should all send our requests to DMC/Janlynn/Bucilla and
the other mainline makers, along with Wal-Mart, Michael's, Jo-Anns,
etc. Maybe if more stuff like this was available in the stores, there
would be more demand for it. . . . In the meantime, there's no supply.
Until there is a supply, there can't be demand. Sort of like the
chicken and the egg, isn't it?

I hope someone takes the leap! Lula, as I've said before, if you *do*
decide to put any of your beautiful, fun drawings into kits, put me
down to buy the first one!

Linda in Columbia, MO