Old November 20th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default OK - I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not OT - stupid Baby Lock Quest Minus

Aaack! What a disappointment! You are right to be angry. You've bent
over backwards to make this work, and now it'S time to look at another
brand!
Roberta in D

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:10:42 -0800 (PST), Musicmaker
wrote:

I swear that the Baby Lock Quest Plus that they sent me "in exchange"
for that lemon Quest I had IS THE SAME
MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as I was piecing, or free
motioning on a thin wall quilt, which were the first 2 projects I
tackled, it seemed to work fine, though I did notice that the needle
threader caught and shredded the thread in THE SAME WAY THE OLD ONE
DID. Today I tried to free motion a larger, hug sized quilt and GUESS
WHAT?!?!?!? The stupid thing started skipping and the top thread
started breaking - Never more than a few minutes of quilting before
bamm - broken thread. changed threads. changed needles, changed
speeds. changed top tension. changed bottom tension. sometimes it
quilted for 5 minutes before the thread broke or skipped. I'm done.
with baby lock. I'm returning the machine. I'm demanding a refund.
Don't want to ever have anything to do with baby lock again. I refuse
to believe that I, of all the people in the world, CANNOT MACHINE
QUILT - having had lessons, classes, talked to the BL educator etc etc
etc. I'm not even disappointed - I'm just angry. Good thing I save
the letter for the President.

Musicmaker. period. end of discussion.