Old February 1st 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Off the topic of stitching, but not off the topic of cats (felines)

"ellice" wrote in message
On 1/30/09 9:11 PM, "lucille" wrote:

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
Thank you all for responses.

I went prepared to tip, but then I didn't see the groomer - her
assistant
brought him out. And the bill was over $100 - let's just say, that seems
sufficient!

(Although he looks beautiful now. They bathed him and got *all* the mats
out - he's long haired and doesn't like brushing. And trimmed his
nails,which was the critical thing. He's not quite forgiven us for
putting
him through this ordeal.)

Needless to say, I don't think this will be a regular thing. Can't
afford
it too often!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music

I only pay $40 bucks for Puff's grooming. Maybe that's because he has
be done once a month to keep his long silky hair in check. If I don't
brush
him every day, it winds up one big, uncontrollable mat and most of the
time
I keep him in a puppy cut. He's so used to it that he's great and just
stands still with a let's get this over with look on his face. The
moment
she's finished and puts him down on the ground, he makes a beeline for
his
treat jar and then snubs me for the rest of the day, or at least until
it's
time for dinner.

Lucille

I've had dogs that were more frequently groomed, and equally miffed after.
The place that Puckster goes is called "Dogs Paw" - pronounces kind of
like
Dog Spa - and it's in the town where we used to live. So we schlep down
there - often his girlfriend Lamma goes at the same time. He actually
while
happy to see me come for him - he does start singing - is pretty happy.
Actually, he's one of those happy dogs anyhow. So, he's never been miffed
after, and hangs out while I talk to the owner - without pulling for the
door. But, he only goes every few months as he really needs it. Our vet
lets you make a free appt for nail clipping - so we try to do that - if
he's
not getting enough hard surface walking (our hardwood floors don't count -
they just get the scratches) I do that in between. That he's not crazy
about - 2 of us have to do it involving sitting on floor with vet tech -
one
w/ clippers, one holding dog. But, he forgives that after a couple of
minutes.

Ellice

Puff is either so used to it, or so dopey, that he lets me clip his nails
when needed. Needless to say, every time he behaves means a treat and
that's an incentive I suppose. He doesn't get a lot of walking on concrete
time and exercises by running laps around my 20' living room, so his nails
almost always need clipping in between grooming sessions.