Old January 31st 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Off the topic of stitching, but not off the topic of cats (felines)

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
Thank you all for responses.

I went prepared to tip, but then I didn't see the groomer - her assistant
brought him out. And the bill was over $100 - let's just say, that seems
sufficient!

(Although he looks beautiful now. They bathed him and got *all* the mats
out - he's long haired and doesn't like brushing. And trimmed his
nails,which was the critical thing. He's not quite forgiven us for putting
him through this ordeal.)

Needless to say, I don't think this will be a regular thing. Can't afford
it too often!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music

I only pay $40 bucks for Puff's grooming. Maybe that's because he has to
be done once a month to keep his long silky hair in check. If I don't brush
him every day, it winds up one big, uncontrollable mat and most of the time
I keep him in a puppy cut. He's so used to it that he's great and just
stands still with a let's get this over with look on his face. The moment
she's finished and puts him down on the ground, he makes a beeline for his
treat jar and then snubs me for the rest of the day, or at least until it's
time for dinner.

Lucille