Old January 30th 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Off the topic of stitching, but not off the topic of cats(felines)

On 1/30/09 10:02 AM, "Susan Hartman" wrote:

I'm sure this will spark a mayo-vs-salad dressing type of discussion,
but here goes:

Is it customary to tip a pet groomer? Do you tip the person who provides
occasional services to your pet?

Depends. Generally, yes. I tip the groomer, but not if he's done by the
owner. I think it depends on where you are. We go to a private groomer,
and they take good care of the boy. Plus, he's not in that often. The
groomer is pretty thrilled when I tip. When the price went up a bunch, I
will admit that I didn't tip as much. Also, if I'm not happy - then the tip
isn't much if anything. But usually, I tip the groomer about $5, maybe
more. They're usually happy with that - I don't think everyone tips. The
owner wouldn't take a tip once, so I know not to offer him.

(Please chime in quickly; Taz is in for a bath/nail clipping today (Fri)
and I didn't think ahead!)

thanks,
Sue

Do what feels right to you. Cats may be more of a PITA than dogs - don't
know. Costs about $60 for Puckster - and he doesn't get much clipping.
Used to be $ 45-$50 - and I'd give the groomer $5-$10. Then they raised it
to $65; last time I gave her a tip of $7-$10 (not sure, I think $10) and
then when I got home, was annoyed to find he had mats in his ears. So, now
I check before tipping. In between, we take him to a do-it-yourself pet
salon (Bubbles 'n Bark) - so the tip is to me, which is that after we do our
dogs - my friend and I go for coffee!

Ellice