Old December 28th 04, 04:58 PM
Butterfly

Thank you : ) Makes me feel lots better as DH often is my driver to these
events : )
Butterfly
"miriam "mim" spencer" wrote in message
They had one on each floor and in the smoking room for the boys

Mim
"Butterfly" wrote in message
That was 'nice' but obviously they hadn't taken 'gents--hubbies/SO's'/bus
drivers' into consideration........
Butterfly
"Thomas A. McKean" wrote in message
I went to a quilt show at Lords Polo club in London -- an all male
sports
club -- the restrooms had paper signs "ladies" on the doors and the
urinals
had pots of flowers in them -- wouldn't do to shock the ladies

Yeah I saw that once in the early nineties. I was speaking at a
conference and
I went into the mens room. I saw the flowers and I couldn't figure out
why
they were there. So I went in the stall and sat down. All these ladies
came
and I couldn't figure that out, either.

Then when I left, I saw the paper "Ladies" sign and it all made sense.

Boy was I embarrassed!

Thomas

http://www.thomasamckean.com
Colonel, HOKC
Member, ASA, Board of Directors, 1992-1994, 1997-2000
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
Author, Light On the Horizon: A Deeper View From Inside the Autism
Puzzle