Old December 3rd 03, 02:42 PM
Mike Beede

In article , Moonraker wrote:

I'd be interested in your additional comments about pricing. In your #2
illustration, it appears that you cut the labor rate by $500 for the same
number of hours. Are you saying that you charge a higher labor rate when
using more expensive glass? I don't understand what you are telling us.

He's saying people will pay more for a panel made with good glass
than for one made with crap glass. The result, since it takes just as
long to make, is that your effective labor rate is higher and you make
more money by using the more expensive material. The "satisfaction"
claim seems to refer to the feeling of the craftsman.

I suspect the numbers are just chosen to illustrate that point, not
because he really believes that the price ratio is exactly 1::2. I don't
do stained glass myself, so I don't know if there really is much of a
difference between local and by-mail glass. Others on the group
will no doubt address that....

Regards,

Mike Beede