Old February 19th 04, 01:54 PM
Kristi M.

It can be a bit confusing sometimes.. esp. when some usenet n/g's
actually accept ads if you put AD in the subject line and also off topic
posts if you put OT in the subject line. I'm learning to look before I
leap!

Very good advice. I think I haven't been in the newsgroups much since
they were a wild-n-wooly, "no laws here" kind of place. It's great
that some are now moderated and policed -- I just missed that
happening.

Are you getting out of sewing or do you have another machine?

Wouldn't that be like "getting out of breathing"? g No, I just
read one of those "simplify your life" books and felt like a lot of
projects had piled up for which I no longer had any enthusiasm. I
decided to pare down in order to be able to focus on (read "get access
to") the ones I care about.

Thanks for being so kind in your reply! And good luck in your machine
search. Bernina machines in the store look great. I've got a Janome
for computerized embroidery stuff, but mostly sew on Mom's
old-but-not-antique Singer.

--Kristi

I have a
Bernina 1030 and a Globelock M34. Am currently selling another machine I
have.. Want to get another Bernina for my daughter to learn to sew with.
She has just made her first outfit and so far loves it..

Welcome to the n/g,

Mavis