Old February 19th 04, 05:47 AM
Liz

"Penny S" wrote in message

just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually don't
mind ads? I subscribe to alt. montainbike, alt.sewing, rec.backcountry,
rcts, periodically lurk at a few of the scuba and travel groups, read a

few
others sports and outdoors ones on occasion, reference the Microsoft

group
on an as-needed basis, and I tell ya NONE of them like ads. Some get a
little infested with ads once in a while, which really annoys people but

I'm
seriously curious as to what groups really don't mind..?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

penny s

Actually the only two newsgroups I subscribe to that seem to have any
objection to advertising are this one and alt.sewing. All the others have no
objection to have on-topic ads, and certainly don't seem to get inundated
with advertising. They don't seem to get corporate advertising, only
individuals with something to sell (their old bikes, LPs, bushwalking gear
etc). The other groups I subscribe to a
alt.fan.wodehouse
alt.macromedia.flash
aus.bicycle
aus.bushwalking
rec.food.preserving
rec.music.classical.recordings
Actually this group doesn't seem to object to off-topic posts in general
either, only the advertising.