Old February 19th 04, 05:16 AM
Penny S

Pogonip retorted :
just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually
don't mind ads? I subscribe to alt. montainbike, alt.sewing,
rec.backcountry, rcts, periodically lurk at a few of the scuba and
travel groups, read a few others sports and outdoors ones on
occasion, reference the Microsoft group on an as-needed basis, and I
tell ya NONE of them like ads. Some get a little infested with ads
once in a while, which really annoys people but I'm seriously
curious as to what groups really don't mind..?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

penny s

rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit doesn't mind ads.
Posting is low, machine knitting stuff is getting hard to
find. I guess it's sort of supply/demand.

rec.arts.mystery welcomes authors who post promoting their
books. Some regulars will post books for sale or for
free, too.

what's really amazing it that there seems to be a news group for every
interest... and I'm not talking kinky.. just whatever one's into.

p.