Old September 15th 03, 12:07 PM
F.James Cripwell

Ruthie ) writes:
Hi, Jenn!
(snip)
In the floss, I used 12 strands, and I can see some spots where I could
have used more. But the stitches may also have been affected by my
inexperience.

I would also think that better coverage could be had by using six
strands and doing cross-stitch.

JMIO (I is "inexperienced")

Ruthie

Just a little note here. I think most people realise the importance
of "stripping" threads from the 6 ply strands of embroidery floss.
Otherwise you tend to run into trouble with twisting as the length of the
thread shortens. However, there have been people in the past who forget
this when they use all six strands together. They just cut the appropiate
length, thread the needle and start stitching. If you are using all six
strands of floss, it is still important to solemnly strip each strand out
of the original floss, and recombine them before starting to stitch.
Clear as mud? HTH.

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any