Old February 12th 06, 10:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default pattern for adult bibs

I made about 100 for a home once using handtowells that were given to us as
seconds by a manufacturer. I cut slightly-larger-than-head-sized holes
towards one end and put wide ribbing bands on - like a loose crew neck.
They were quick and easy on the overlocker as they were needed in a hurry.
All the towells were white, but the bands were all different colours, and
they stood up to some pretty rough treatment in the home's laundry system.

I have dome something similar with pretty tea towells that were thick enough
too.

I was told that another lady made bibs from old sweats by cutting around the
back neck and down the front, then overlocking the edge, The lady at the
home I was sewing for at the time said they had been trimmed to look very
pretty, but I was asked for quick and tough so I never tried it.

We generally found that waiting for suitable towells in thrift shops was too
slow. But local manufacturers were usually pretty generous about giving us
seconds and with careful cutting the fault was often eliminated.
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"thelaws" wrote in message
I am making adult bibs for a rest home. I have a Salvation Army pattern
using a terry hand towel , making a deep u and using Velcro to hook the
bib on. Does anyone know of another pattern? (hand towels aren't cheap
and don't make it to the thrift shops very often.) tia Kay

--
All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software.