Old July 12th 03, 05:38 AM
KG

"Jay Canale" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a good ultrasonic cleaning solution. I have tried the
ones from Rio, but I am not happy with the results. Seems like the cleaner
has to be very hot to be effective. Also, my hands are starting to show an
allergic reaction to the solution. Any help would be great.

Jay

Jay,

I use plain distilled water in my ultrasonic, then float glass jars with the
piece being cleaned. This gives me the advantage of having very clean
cleaning fluid, and being able to target the mix to the type of piece being
cleaned.

Usually, in those glass jars (baby food jars work great for smaller
pieces!), I use a mixture of water, ammonia and a drop or two of dish soap.
Works GREAT for the vast majority of pieces.

KG