Old April 23rd 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Time for another Roll Call?

DH and I are moth retired, but spend the winters in Central Florida, and the
summer we are back home in SC. DH used to work with an airline, I used to
work with the county with challenged adults.

I have a blind aunt who lives in assisted living who I love to take with me
for breakfast and shopping. Her 2 son's spend week end time with her. I
make bags for her walker, and also a bag to hang around her neck to hold her
hearing aid so she can play balloon games using her hands.

I've been sewing since making my doll clothes, but didn't start making my
clothes until I learned in high school and then I took off and made most
everything. I have a dauchund QI who is 2, and my son's dog, Troll,a black
mostly collie & Newfoundland is a bit younger and stays here most of the
time. Both are rescued dogs, and love to lay at my feet when I sew.

In the past few years I made a few lap quilts, but it seems that most of my
sewing is for the retirement home. The last 3 years I have taught 5 people
to sew. I enjoy passing along my skills. A friend is coming to my house in
a couple of days to learn to use her serger.

Next?
Barbara in SC

"Sandy" wrote in message
In article ,
Sally Swindells wrote:

Following the discussions on who everyone is, it might be time for
another Roll Call.

So here goes.

snip

Punctuation - use far too many exclamation marks!!!

So .. who's next?

I'll go next -- and I also use far too many exclamation marks. G We
lived in Arizona until about ten years ago, when I retired and we moved
to this area to be nearer to the grandchildren (only one at the time,
though).

I used to be a high school French teacher, and DH Mike was the high
school principal. In the small town where we lived, there was only one
high school. G

We have two DDs, almost 35 and just-turned 33. They are both married,
though the younger one is in the middle of a divorce, sadly. The elder
has three children: boy 10, boy 8, and girl almost 2. The younger DD has
two boys, aged 8 and almost 5. The elder DD and her DH are both teachers
in a middle school here, and the younger DD does financial planning. Her
soon-to-be ex works at Hoover Dam here.

While DH is officially retired, he has a part-time job supervising
student teachers through the university here. It keeps him out of
trouble. When he's not doing that, he likes to hang out at one of the
sports books here, where he can watch a zillion different sporting
events at once and relieve me of the sound of the channel flipping.
VBG I'm not a sports fan.

We're down to one QI now -- Bisou, our adorable cocker spaniel, will be
two in May. She has an unfortunately addiction to leather and has left
several of her marks on our leather sofas, but we're hoping that she'll
outgrow that with time. Meanwhile, we crate her when away and don't give
her the opportunity to misbehave in that way again.

I used to sew lots of clothing for myself (starting when I was fairly
young), for the two DDs and even for Mike; but I've given that up in
favor of quilting. I started by machine piecing and hand quilting, but
I've expanded my repertoire into machine appliqué (a little) and machine
quilting (a lot). I'm hoping to add hand appliqué at some point, but so
far that's been unsuccessful. Oh, and I do a bit of hand piecing, too,
when I want to work on my Quilted Diamonds. At any rate, I've been
quilting now for over 25 years, and I can't see myself stopping anytime
soon. There are so many new techniques to try that the variety keeps
me going.

Next?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas