Old April 23rd 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Time for another Roll Call?

I'll join you Sally - not often two Brits get together here!!

I, too, use loads of exclamation marks. I have decided that just as the
French and Italians speak with gestures, we write/speak with exclamation
marks. I honestly could get by without them g

I live in a very rural part of England - far west, half way up, almost
into Wales. We live 100ft up, on a sort of 'saddle' between the two
highest points in Shropshire.

I am retired, and sew as often as I can. I try to garden, but we have
nearly 2 acres (though much of it is left wild), and the 'soil' is
brick-making clay. It is quite a cold climate here, but much wetter than
Sally's. She would beat us hands down on cold winds!

I have four beautiful rabbits - two girls and two boys, who live in
large homes within a luxuriously appointed 'shed' (said shed had an
extension a few years ago so they could have longer hutches!! - shed man
said he's never heard of such a thing g). We also have five cats:
four are getting on in age and so we adopted our new kitten - now nearly
10 months old.

I love motor racing (Formula 1 and World Rally), and love it when,
watching a race, I make a comment that is then made by the official
commentator!

I am quite shy and have to hide it when in company. I prefer home-based
activities. I am trying to allow time to play the piano (digital)
again.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
Following the discussions on who everyone is, it might be time for
another Roll Call.

So here goes.

Retired 9 years ago to the Suffolk coast in Eastern England so am of
advanced years!!

Two grown up children, neither still at home. Richard 35 this year has
lived with his girlfriend and her three children for 6 years so it
seems pretty permanent. He works in computers (thank goodness!). Rachel
is 39 this year and lives with her husband Tim, an airline pilot, in
central England. Tim recently got a job flying out of Leipzig, German,
so they may move, but who knows.

DH Mike is into ornithology in a big way - watches birds, rings birds
for migration stats, does conservation work,etc., so I am left to
stitch, and garden. Garden is about to enter its completely weed free
week (wont last!) so perhaps next week I can sew!

QI Inspector No 1 is Hodge who is a 12 year old white cat with a grey
tabby mask, hat, cloak and tail. He is assisted by his side-kick Mia
who is black and white and almost three - a nervious little thing, but
in love with Hodge. Mia isn't really interested in quilts though. Mia's
brother Kiwi shows great promise in the inspecting line. He was
supposed to be all black, hence his name (the New Zealanders will
understand). However, he is a bit of a clown so in the winter grows a
long very fluffy brownish fringe around his body, a big mane like a
lion and an enormous tail. He retains his pitch black face and legs
though! In the summer he loses the extra coat all over my creamy carpet
and becomes almost short-haired.

Have sewed for ever, lots of embroidery, but only started quilting
when my sister died and left me her board, rotary cutter, lots of bits
and pieces and small stash. She only had one or two bits unfinished
but I thought I would learn to use the board and cutter so I could
finish her things properly. However.... the stash has grown and so has
the pile of UFOs - and I seldom embroider!

Webshots is fairly up-to-date as I am behind as usual so had little to
add. The Starry Night top is there from Jessamy's swap. - where are you
Jessamy, we miss you. Piccies are in the Finished album - so I'd better
finish them!

Chocolate - officially nil as I am dieting, and as I couldn't go to
weigh-in this morning better make sure I take a bit off for next week.
Unofficially taste has changed to dark chocolate with age, but anything
will do!

Punctuation - use far too many exclamation marks!!!

So .. who's next?

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill