Old September 5th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default Worden and Odyssey Lamps

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks to everyone who has posted on the subject. I've been polishing
my glasscutting skills. They were pretty darned rusty. I've got a
Worden Tulip mold coming. I was careful (I hope) to not get one with
too big of pieces like javahut suggested. I could just wait until it
gets here and read the directions first, but I do have question. A
book I was recently looking at showed the only thing supporting the
lamp as a metal cap soldered onto the top. Is that really enough to
support a lamp?

A copperfoil lamp with a cap is enough for most. We solder a thin wire
around the skirt as well to keep it from separating years down the road.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com