Old November 5th 05, 04:04 AM
Laurie G.

Default OT - Quilt Guild Games

Don't you just love Linda Ballard? Have you done any of her mystery
retreats? My stitch group usually does a Spring and a Fall retreat in
Weaverville. A few go to Mt. Shasta.

What you described sounds like a lot of fun. How many people does it take to
participate? We could try it at our next retreat in February.

Laurie G.

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Diane S. Keagy" wrote:

Hello,

I am the program chair person for all of our meetings and would like to
come
up with a new game to play at our Christmas meeting. We've have done the
Quilto game and many said it was boring.................so, I thought I
would tape the minds of many and see if any of you have suggestions?

Thanking you in advance,

Diane S. Keagy
Amelia Island Quilters

We had Linda Ballard come to our guild. She asked everyone to bring 10
- 6" squares of fabric. She then gave each table dice that had L, R and
C on them. You rolled the dice and for every L you passed one of your
squares Left for every R you passed a square to the person on your Right
and for every C you put a square in the center of the table. I think
each table had 3 or 4 dice. It went quickly and pretty soon only one
person had any squares left. The person left with a square got all the
squares in their pile and in the center of the table. Then, Linda gave
everyone a pattern made with 6" squares.

I found the dice at the local game shop at the mall. They came in a
tube with some poker chips. When I bought them the store clerk said
that lots of ladies had been buying that game lately :-)

It was fun and the game moved fast even with 7 or 8 at a table.

Also, one year we did a scavenger hunt. That was really fun. Each
month I read a list of 5 things they needed to find at their home to
bring to the meeting. I told them if they missed a meeting they missed
out because no one would want to help the competition. (also, the board
had agreed to omit the list from the meeting minutes but just say that
the next 5 items had been given) I had things on the list like:

Bring your oldest guild roster
Bring a ticket stub from any guild raffle quilt
Bring a quilt book by someone who has spoken at guild meeting
Bring a wooden spool
Bring a thimble
Bring a guild newsletter
Bring the ugliest fabric from your stash
Bring the oldest unfinished quilting project you have

and so on.

A team was whoever ended up at the same table together. Some things
like the ugliest fabric won individual prizes. I had given each table a
score sheet for them to check off the items the table had brought. The
winning table got a prize for each person.

The ladies really enjoyed it. I think the oldest unfinished project was
from the 1970's so that got a good laugh too.

marcella