Old September 24th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

Default What is your current project?

Well, I'm still working on the borders for my "orange crush" mystery quilt
that grew. The borders are all pieced now, I just have to get them sewn on.
That involves rearranging my living room to set up a sewing table in there.
My current sewing space has about 10 inches behind my machine and about 18
inches to the left of the needle. Definitely not enough space to manuever a
queen/king size top in. DH goes back to work tomorrow, so hopefully will get
to it then.
I've done this in a quilt-in-sections-as-you-go-style. I'm planning to add
each border (4 of them) stitching thru all three layers, then go back and
add more quilting in each one.

At the same time I am still putting 4 patches together as my leader/ender
project for the next quilt. It's another Bonnie Hunter scrappy pattern
(quiltville.com) called Cathedral Stars, which I'm making bigger. Half of
the blocks are done and I have about 160 of the 245 4-patches done for the
second type blocks.

Then I will start on my project that is still looking to be 16 patches with
snowballs. I'm gong to put a couple of blocks together and if it looks
promising I'm going to prepare a pile of pieces to sew leader/ender style
while I finish piecing the Cathedral Stars.

It's taken me all summer to get the Orange Crush one to this stage. I'd
really like to get it done and on my bed as the colors are perfect for fall.

I also have a flannel snowman top that needs one last border piece sewn on
and then quilted. I don't have the backing or batting for it yet, but I may
get a chance to head for a city by myself on Friday, and will add that to my
shopping list. I'd like to have that on the bed for Dec 1.

How's that for setting deadlines??? VBG

My list goes on but thats all I'm hoping to work on for the next few months.

Marilyn
in beautiful, autumn colored, Alberta, Canada

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging featuring a
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at MAQF in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics. (Some
of the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

PAT in Virginia