Old September 13th 04, 08:22 AM
Kate Dicey

Pogonip wrote:
Kate Dicey wrote:

I swear the keyboard is more dyslexic than I am some days!

He does the ironing... I just make things!

Actually, at the moment he's putting up a big mirror for me while I
re-organize the sewing room after yesterdays trip to IKEA. I need to
stop and cook the dinner, as it's just gone six here.

IKEA????? Tell!!!

DH sat in the car while James and I went round the shop... I bought 6
high basket drawer stack for the kitchen and two 4 high stacks for the
sewing room. I bought nylon drawers for the kitchen one and baskets for
the sewing room. I also got the plastic divider inserts for all three
and the desktops and casters. Once put together they hold quite a lot,
and are ideal for some things, but you mustn't overload them!

The two in the sewing room are exactly the same hight as my desktops,
and will make great perepetetic table tops to add to the working surface
for large projects like big bridal skirts and quilts. When I clear the
room for guests, they can be wheeled out of the room and parked on the
landing. The baskets are part of the Anton range of wardrobe organizers.

I also bought a big mirror for the wall so that clients can see their
garments and check for fit.

Altogether I bought:

2 low frames
1 tall frame
6 nylon drawers
8 basket drawers
3 desktops
3 sets of casters
6 organizer inserts
1 long mirror

and spent £115. Not bad at all. The nylon drawers are neat: white
nylon fabric with a stiffened base on a metal frame, velcroed on. The
base and frame an be removed and the fabric drawers washed in the
machine! If the fabric wears out and they no longer do them, I can cake
one and make a pattern and sew up new drawers in fancy curtain fabric!

I started my tidy-up at 11 am, took breaks for meals and the occasional
cup of tea, and went to bed at 4.15 am... I'm not finished yet!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk