Old September 13th 04, 01:24 AM

why turn clothes inside out for washing

(Debra)
---
"teleflora" wrote:
snip
fabric of your garment. I don't know that I want a front loader next
time, but I would like one of the top loaders with the agitator that
swings from side to side rather than bouncing up and down.
Cindy
---
snip good advice
...research (front loaders) before buying one
because many of the name brands sold for home use in the US are not as
good as they should be. Someday, hopefully soon, the US brands will have
front loaders for homes that are as good as the ones the European brands
sell for homes.
Debra in VA
---
Even good research can fail to turn up lemons. For details on our
saga with the Maytag Neptune front loader, google posts on the subject.
I initially loved the machine, loved the concept, our clothes have
never been cleaner. OTOH, our ownership has been an expensive nightmare,
which has, at present, no ending, as the washer keeps self-destructing,
costing us $250.00 and more, every time it goes haywire for no apparent
reason.
I keep the machine unplugged when not in use, to prevent power surges
from affecting the delicate circuit boards. There is the additional
problem of mold/mildew on the door seal inside, as the machine is
designed to hold water in the barrel all of the time. It looks like that
toxic 'black mold' you hear about, and bleach, as well as the
recommended treatment with dishwasher cleaner, has failed to eradicate
it. Apparently this is a pervasive problem, as the Maytag consumer site
has attempted to address the issue endlessly.
Never again, and Maytag, in choosing not to replace the machine, has
lost any repeat business from us. L-e-m-o-n.
Cea