Old September 14th 04, 05:56 AM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

How about a picture soon? Sounds interesting!
--
Donna in Idaho
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove "invalid" to reply

" Ellison" wrote in message
. com...
Howdy!
I took a big white shirt, lightweight cheapy,
and sewed scraps to it, overlaid and appliquéd;
added some yo-yos and buttons to it,
and have worn it for the past 8 yrs. to all kinds of quilt shows
and meet-ups. It's one of 2 that I took to Houston;
you saw the one w/ the doilies and leftover blocks
and all those buttons, I think.
This Quilter's Shirt, having a double layer of fabric, is rather warm;
the sleeves are still uncovered white, making the shirt look like
a vest. It's cheap, it's economical, it blends into quilting crowds. g
It's getting a bit frayed, altho' it's not hard to patch the patches. g
So I've started another one.
Can't go wrong, 'cause it's just made up. Cheap works for me!

Thanks for asking.
Ragmop/Sandy--I could put a picture on the yahoo site...some day...

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Sandy,
What's this Quilter's Shirt? I remember you wearing a shirt decorated
with some vintage textiles. Are you doing another of those? Will I see
this in Houston this year? Details, woman, details!!
PAT in VA/USA who RE-finished a lovely old English cupboard!

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
Nifty!
Good for you. And it's Finished! WAY cool! ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy--Finished painting the big bathroom,
waiting for rugs for the floor, Finishing the decorating in there
soon; working on another Quilter's Shirt for me,
and quilting, of course