Old September 6th 03, 01:14 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I've always worried that using a fusible stabilizer would react to the silk
long term. I use silk with my cq, but have been afraid to use it.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...
Silk ravels easily, and is slippery. But it sure is fun to use!

Most of the silk pieces I get to work on are traditional patchwork. I'd
suggest either fusing it to a lightweight stabilizer and then working with
it traditionally, or if you don't want to stabilize, plan on a 1/2" seam.
And if you're the kind who uses a needle until it breaks, pop for a new
needle -- you'll thank yourself. Other than that, really not much special.
Cotton thread seems to work just fine, both for piecing and quilting.

I love it when people bring me silk to work on. It just, well, glows. Yum!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps