Old August 21st 04, 09:03 AM
Charlie

It couldn't get much more simple, it was a straight piece of wire to a
curved bit of wire!

Charlie.

"Lamedeer" wrote in message
You might try soldering something more simple than filigree until you
develop your skill. The heat source is not the problem.

"Charlie" wrote in message
I was trying to solder some silver (1mm I think) wire to itself in a

simple
filigree type thing using hard solder. I followed all the instructions

in
my book yet the wire melted before the solder. I'm using a small butane
hand torch, would that make a difference? If so, I'm going to have to

give
up my new hobby!

Charlie.

---