Old November 22nd 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
glinfoot

Default Velveteen Log Cabin Quilt

In another post, someone asked about making a velveteen quilt, all the
comments were quite helpful. However, about 15-20 years ago in one of the
"ladies" magazines, not a quilting magazine, there was the most gorgous
quilt that I believe was out of velveteen. It was a log cabin pattern and
I'm guessing it was velveteen, or at least something with a nap, it was a
tan color and of course every time the grain direction was turned, which
is a natural with a log cabin (I think, I'm a new quilter) it looked like
a slightly different color. Does anyone know anything about the pattern I
am talking about, perhaps a verification of the fabric used? Or can
someone suggest a different fabric that would not be quite as heavy? I
thought for sure I saved the article, but I have not been able to find it.
I did like the
look of the velvety texture. Thanks, - Oregon Quilter

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 112680 messages and counting!