Old October 13th 03, 05:14 PM
Joan Erickson

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Speaking of crochet, an exquisite ground for cross stitch embroidery
is tunisian (afghan) crochet and they whip up quickly.

I certainly didn't find it to work up quickly, Dianne (although the
stitch is pretty easy to do)! You have to do each row (essentially)
twice. It took me over a year to make the afghan for my sister! Of
course, it wasn't baby-sized, either. And talk about heavy!!! It was a
Native American-type geometric pattern from Mary Maxim about 10 years
ago. I started it in the summer, thinking I'd give it to Dsis for her
b-day in Oct. Nope, maybe Christmas. Wasn't done then, either. I
finally finished it right before her b-day the following year. And I
didn't work on anything else during that time, either. It came out
really nice, though, and she really loves it and still uses it, so I
guess it was worth the effort.
As always, YMMV!
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)