Old October 9th 03, 09:17 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Speaking of crochet, an exquisite ground for cross stitch embroidery is
tunisian (afghan) crochet and they whip up quickly. Look like knitting
on the back, little squares on the front for cross stitching.
You can put the picture anywhere you want on it.
Dianne

SGC wrote:

Make an afghan w/ single crochet that would be large enough (stitches x
rows) to cross-stitch the Thistle on. I made an afghan out of white yarn
(btw: the baby yarn is much smaller and will make the design look more
detailed than regular worsted weight yarn will) and then cross-stitched a
design on it; you can even get another yarn that matches a color in the
design and use that to make a lacy border

So, do you like my idea? I know I like your books
SGC

"MaryPulver" wrote in message

While in Des Moines I came across beautiful pattern called The Long

Thistle.

It's fromLandmark Tapestries & Charts. It's a stem of three thistles on a
plaid ground surrounded by a gold Greek key pattern. I have a dear friend

who

used to stitch but whose eyes are too bad for her to do it anymore. She's

of

Scottish descent, and this thistle would be a terrific thing for her,

either to

stitch or as a present.

Well, I had this Idea (you know how it is). If we could share the

stitching on

something big, like an afghan, we could share the stitching, as in a very

small

round robin, and that would be wonderful. There were afghans with

evenweave

areas on them for sale at CATS, but all with a center area to stitch were
square. This pattern is very long and narrow, 77 by 189 stitches. Any

ideas?

Mary Monica
aka Monica Ferris

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, nobody knows

what

they are. -Somerset Maugham