Old October 9th 03, 04:36 PM
MaryPulver

Default Afghan Advice, Please

While in Des Moines I came across beautiful pattern called The Long Thistle.
It's fromLandmark Tapestries & Charts. It's a stem of three thistles on a
plaid ground surrounded by a gold Greek key pattern. I have a dear friend who
used to stitch but whose eyes are too bad for her to do it anymore. She's of
Scottish descent, and this thistle would be a terrific thing for her, either to
stitch or as a present.

Well, I had this Idea (you know how it is). If we could share the stitching on
something big, like an afghan, we could share the stitching, as in a very small
round robin, and that would be wonderful. There were afghans with evenweave
areas on them for sale at CATS, but all with a center area to stitch were
square. This pattern is very long and narrow, 77 by 189 stitches. Any ideas?

Mary Monica
aka Monica Ferris

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, nobody knows what
they are. -Somerset Maugham