Old February 2nd 05, 08:44 PM
Mike Firth

Before this gets too confused, Brian knows what copper foil tape is
colleen, he was saying the stuff with adhesive is his middle name.
Copper foil without adhesive backing, .003" thick, is available from K&S
Engineering which sells the flat brass and telescoping tubing in hardware
and hobby stores. They sell it as an embossing product and for cutting out
flower petals, etc. Not all stores carrying the tubing will have the foil.
Ironically, in the middle of this discussion, I got a review copy of a
very good looking new book Warm Glass from Lark Press which has a platter
project calling for both aluminum and copper foil but both are trapped
between two layers of glass and never exposed to open heat. Both the copper
and aluminum show random color changes.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website

"colleen" wrote in message
Brian - copper foil is a tape that has a sticky backing , the front is
coated with copper, you use it by wrapping it around cut pieces of glass
and
then using flux, solder the seam, its a replacement for lead cam and can
be
just as strong, I use it for smaller works but have used it for a small
door
panel but incorparating a copper rebate through the piece to reinforce the
item.Your cutting needs to be pretty good. Hope this helps - Colleen
"Bryan" wrote in message
Then come back and report, I'm now curious.

Bryan "copper foil is for sticking solder around glass" Paschke