Old August 26th 03, 01:40 AM
juliasb(nospam)

You are blessed to have come to this special art from at a young age (my
own kiddlets are in your age bracket).
I hope my girls will take up the craft. I would love to be able to
share this with them. Fortunately they do appreciate the workmanship
and love that has gone into each quilt I have made for them.
juliasb

wrote:
I read and enjoyed everyone's different experiences. It took me a while
to figure out the why, how, and what of my participation in these
obsessions NG, quilting, and chocolate (not necessarily in that order).

I always had a quilt in my life thanks to my Grandmother. I never had a
blanket, always a quilt. One when I was little and one for when I went
to college. I still have them both and the newer one (10 years old) I use
everyday. She had stacks of quilts in her home. All scrappy, earlier
ones and later ones made with cotton and polycotton and the ones in
between the double knit polyesters.

I took drafting in HS in preparation for studying architecture. (Instead
I now work in the service industry where there is very little creativity
used but a lot of stress.) While in college, My DH (a computer guy)
encouraged me to find a hobby one year because I was bored of watching TV
and reading. I had enjoyed crafts like most of the women in my family. I
hated needlework because I am a perfectionist and it was frustrating. I
like making only flat items out of yarn. There were other crafts out
there that I could do (and I tried) but I don't like dusting Then it
hit me, quilting. I searched the net, found a site referring to this NG
and subscribed in 1998. Being my first NG, I lurked for a while, bought
some books, found a second hand machine that I love and started teaching
myself to quilt. (Well, with your help.) I stay here because of the
closeness and the exchange of creativity and the general feeling of this
group.

In my future I plan on owning and running my own quilting store. Even
further in the future I plan on creating at lesat one "award-winning
stand there and forget to breathe" masterpiece. Right now, in my 20's, I
just make quilts to make people happy and to learn more.

Julie
Richmond, VA

munged address above see me in the directory

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life