Old August 18th 03, 06:45 PM
Lisa Ellis

I started reading RCTQ and posting occasionally after I discovered it
when messing around on the internet at work. I like the mix of
personalities here so I keep on reading. Also, I don't currently belong
to a quilt club, so this group serves the same function for me. I like
knowing what is going on in the 'quilting world.'

I have been quilting for a long time, about 28 years. I started
quilting after I bought a quilting magaizine (Quilt World?) and a book
that had a chapter on quilting. My first quilt was a tied quilt for my
bed, just squares of velvets, corderorys and cottons, which wore out
long ago. When my son was born, I made a similar, small quilt for him,
and used a old blanket for the batting. I gave it to a friend when my
ds out grew it, and she used it as a car blanket for a long time.

In the future, I hope to finish the tops I have done over the years, and
to make some new ones; to put a dent into my stash. . .

lisae

Diana Curtis wrote:
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay, and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these .. then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored

--